History of St Peter's Lodge No 7334

The formation of St. Peter's Lodge was brought about by fourteen masons from twelve different Lodges who had been meeting together for that purpose, for three years.


On the 2nd October, 1953, under the guidance of W. Bro. H. Caddick P.P.G.W., a Past Master of Yenton Lodge No. 3484, Yenton Lodge undertook to sponsor the new Lodge as its Daughter Lodge.  Subsequent approval was given to the title  ST. PETER'S LODGE 7334


The Lodge was Consecrated on Wednesday, 23rd June, 1954, at the Yenton Masonic Hall, Erdington, Birmingham, by the R. W. Bro. The Very Reverend Michael Clarke, M. A., Provost of Birmingham, Provincial Grand Master.  This being the first Consecration carried out by him in the Province since his appointment to Provincial Grand Master for Warwickshire.  W. Bro. H. Caddick, P.P.G.W., 4538, 4622, P.M. 3484 was installed as the first Master of St. Peter's Lodge.


In April 1958 the Lodge Banner was dedicated by the R. W. Bros. The Very Reverend Michael Clarke, M.A., Provost of Birmingham, Provincial Grand Master and received on behalf of the Lodge by the W. Bro. B. Gringold, Master.  The two remaining active Founders, W. Bro. A. E. McNamara, P.J.G.D., P.P.G.W. and W. Bro. P. W. Salt, P.P.J.G.W., were acclaimed at a special meeting to celebrate the 21st Anniversary of the Consecration of the Lodge.


In 1978 the Lodge contributed £5,261 to the Province of Warwickshire total of £934,965 for the Royal Masonic Institution for Girl's 190th Anniversary festival when the President was R. W. Bro. Sir Stanley J. Horley, D.L. Provincial Grand Master.


The venue for our meetings is the Yenton Assembly Rooms, a masonic hall located in Erdington, Birmingham, just off junction 6 (Spaghetti Junction) of the M6 Motorway and available for hire, for all your banqueting requirements:


Yenton Assembly Rooms Ltd  

73-75 Gravelly Hill North



B23 6BJ


Email;  stpeterslodge7334@gmail.com